PATROL OFFICER ENTRANCE EXAM,
VILLAGE OF HODGKINS, ILLINOIS
The Civil Service Commission will conduct an examination for the position of Patrol Officer on December 1, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m., and on December 2, 2020 at the same times, if needed (based on number of applicants and then-current State of Illinois room occupancy mandates, subject to change), at the
Village of Hodgkins Park District
8997 Lyons Street,
The P.O.W.E.R. test will take place on December 15 and 17, 2020.
Application packets will be available Monday through Friday,
beginning on October 12, 2020, at the
Hodgkins Police Department
6015 Lenzi Avenue,
between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 pm.
There is a $35.00 fee for the application, non-refundable.
All applications must be turned in at the Hodgkins Police Department no later than November 20, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. No late submissions will be accepted.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS — Applicants must meet the following requirements:
• Age Requirements: At least 21 years of age and under 36 years of age as of December 1, 2020, unless otherwise exempted by statute.
• Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen.
• Driver’s License: Must have a valid Driver’s License.
• Education: Must have a High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
• Character: No felony convictions and be of good moral character.
• Residency: No residency requirement.
By order of the Civil Service Commission
Questions may be directed to the Village of Hodgkins Civil Service Commission. The Village of Hodgkins is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SALARY AND BENEFITS*
• Starting Salary for Police Officers (01/01/21) is $63,346.00
• Starting Salary for Certified Police Officers (01/01/21) is $83,761.00
• Max salary for patrol officer is $99,420.00
• Benefits include Free Healthcare Coverage (BCBS – HMO or PPO), Vision and Dental Coverage, Sick Leave, Paid Vacation, Paid Personal Days, 9 Paid Holidays, Uniform Allowance, Membership with the Downstate Police Pension Fund, Employee 457 Plan, Life Insurance and Union Membership
• 60-day extended Medical Leave
• Extra pay opportunities, including Holiday Overtime, special events, and coordination with large local businesses for extra security detail
• The Hodgkins Police Department believes in matching its officers with duties that utilize their skills and interests to maximize the department’s effectiveness
• 12-hour shifts rotation
*Per requirements of the present Collective Bargaining Agreement